You do not need to come into the library to see if we have an item in our collection -- you can do it online. Click here to visit to our catalog.
Tips for using the catalog
- Because we are part of the Libraries of Middlesex Automated Consortium (LMxAC), you can check out books from our library our from any of the other 30 libraries in the consortium.
- When you go into the catalog, simply search for the item -- if it's in our system, it will come up, and you will see all of the libraries the item is available at. You can narrow down the libraries you want to search in using the sidebar to the left.
- If it is at Red Bank, you can either come in and find it yourself, or you can click "Place Hold" and we will find it for you and hold it for you at the front desk.
- You will need to enter your Library Card number and PIN in order to place a hold on an item. If you do not remember your PIN, don't worry! We can look it up for you.
- If the item is not available at Red Bank, you can still place a hold on it -- once it's available, the item will be delivered to Red Bank, and we will hold it for you for up to 3 business days.
- Some items in our catalog are available as eBooks, streaming movies, or as online audiobooks. You can't place holds on these -- you simply need to follow the instructions underneath the title.
- Normally, when you place a hold, the item will arrive at Red Bank in about a week. We can't promise this, though -- there may be several other holds on the item, and the item is given on on a first-come, first-served basis, so it might take a while for it get to you.
- If you have any further questions, you can always call our reference desk at (732) 842-0690, ext. 111.