The library has cake pans for borrowing!
Many characters and shapes available for your next event!
WHAT IS A CAKE PAN LIBRARY!?
While it might sound strange for a library to loan out cake pans, it is not that different from loaning out books. We have a selection of almost a dozen baking pans in different shapes. You can check any one of the pans out for two weeks; bake a cake for your event, then return the washed pan for the next patron who needs it. As long as you return the pan within the two-week period, it is free of charge. In addition, if you have a specialty pan in good condition that you no longer use regularly we invite you to donate it to our collection.
Included with your check out is a convenient carry bag for the cake pan and laminated directions.
Rules for borrowing these pans are as follows:
- Pans must be borrowed by an adult on an Adult Library Card in good standing.
- Limit of 1 pan per family at a time.
- Loan period of 2 weeks – no renewals.
- Cake Pan late fee is .20 per day.
- The specialty cake pan DOES NOT go in the book returns.
- Cake pans are to be returned with all the materials (directions, bag and pan) to a staff member.
- Replacement fee for lost or damaged pans will be the price of a new replacement pan.
- Dishwasher use damages the metal.
- Please thoroughly hand-wash and dry the pans before and after use.
- The pan will not be returnable dirty.
- Number 1
- Mickey Mouse
While you are using the cake pans, we have a few requests for you to keep in mind:
- Please return the pans in clean condition to a library staff member, and
- Please do not return the pans in the book drop.
Please consider sharing your finished design on Facebook or Instagram and tag the Library!